Reduce your carbon footprint!
Green Living includes much more than energy efficiency. It is about our lifestyle – making choices that help reduce our carbon footprint. There are things we can all do to reduce environmental damage and provide greater sustainability for future generations. A lower carbon lifestyle is possible, by taking action as individuals an as a community. The new homes at Cholsey Meadows are built to very high standards of energy efficiency. Whether you live at Cholsey Meadows or in the surrounding communities, there are lots of ways you can be more energy efficient.
There are many lovely walks around the village and surrounding countryside, which can be found in the village publication “Parish Potters” available at £4. Click here for more information or to purchase a copy. Further information on how you can improve your fitness through walking can be found at South Oxfordshire District Council.
2019 Green Travel Survey and Report
In 2019, Cholsey Meadows residents were surveyed to enable the CDT to determine whether they had met its green living objectives and to shape its Green Travel Plan. The main issues, which the CDT will explore further, with the help of the wider community, are:
- Better information about footpaths and walking groups
- Better and more frequent bus services to Wallingford; better connectivity with train times; wheelchair-accessible buses to come onto the site
- More parking and lifts to platforms at Cholsey Station
- Better and more segregated cycle paths
- Dial-a-Ride service
- Promoting a greener life-style (as embedded in the CCDT constitution)