WHAT IS IT? WHO RUNS IT?
SUMMARY FROM THE CCDT CONSTITUTION
THE PURPOSE OF THE CHOLSEY COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT TRUST (CCDT):
- To own and manage the community facilities at Fair Mile / Cholsey Meadows for the benefit of all Cholsey residents. The facilities include the Great Hall, and the Cricket Pavilion and Cricket Field / Recreation Ground.
- To organise inclusive community events and activities, often in partnership with other community groups, to help to sustain Cholsey’s vibrant community life.
- To help to facilitate a sustainable, green lifestyle for residents at Fair Mile / Cholsey Meadows (and within wider Cholsey) with particular respect to travel and the reduction of car usage.
- Membership is open to any individual, business or corporate body that supports the objectives of the CCDT and which fits within the Membership categories set out below.
- There is a Membership Scheme and also a Friends Scheme, and all applications to join must be agreed by the Board of Trustees. Membership is free, but there is a joining fee for the Friends Scheme, which will be agreed by the Board from time to time.
- Members will be allocated to one of the following categories, each with equal voting rights. Membership voting is relevant to the AGM / EGM and to the appointment of Trustees:
- Resident Member, an individual resident in Cholsey
- Voluntary, Community and Faith User Group Member
- Business Member
- Local Elected Councillor Member
- Soha Housing Ltd Member
- Other Members approved at the discretion of the Trustees
THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES consists of the following:
- three elected Resident Members, including at least one from outside Fair Mile / Cholsey Meadows
- two elected Voluntary, Community and Faith User Group Members
- two elected Business Members
- one ex-officio Cholsey Parish Council or South Oxfordshire District Council local Ward Member
- one ex-officio Soha Housing Ltd Member
- up to three other Co-opted Members with specialist skills, elected by the Board.
TRUSTEE BOARD FROM 2017 A.G.M.
- Val Bolt (Chair) – Cholsey Parish Council appointee
- Sue Jeffs (Company Secretary) – Resident Member (outside Fair Mile / Cholsey Meadows)
- Teresa Midwinter (Treasurer) – co-opted
- Andy Chapman – Voluntary, Community and Faith Group Member (Cricket Club)
- Thea Price – Voluntary, Community and Faith Group Member (St. Mary’s Church)
- Niall Hammond – Business Member
- Alan Newell – Business Member
- Maureen Adams – Soha appointee
- Sarah Masters – Resident (Fair Mile / Cholsey Meadows)
- Carol Chaplin – Resident (Fair Mile / Cholsey Meadows)
For the full constitution please visit: CCDT Constitution